Frequently Asked Questions

I have never lived with or married the father of my child. I would prefer he leave us both alone and simply remove himself from our lives . However, he wants to have our child 50% of the time. I do not want child support. How do I accomplish this?

Under the laws of the State of Florida, your child is entitled to an adjudication of paternity as to the father. Your child is also entitled to child support and the father has an obligation to pay it. Children are entitled to the benefits of two (2) parents being involved in their lives, unless there is some showing of evidence that doing so is contrary to the best interests of the child.