Frequently Asked Questions

I am being sued for paternity and I do not want to pay. I am not married to the person, hardly know the person, do not like the person, and was not involved in the decision on whether or not the baby should be born. I do not want to pay for a baby that I did not want. Is there anything that can be done?

If the DNA test (which you will ultimately have to take) proves that you are the father, you are going to have to pay child support, pursuant to Florida Child Support Guidelines. You will also have rights to your child regarding time sharing, shared parental responsibility and the like.