Frequently Asked Questions

I am pregnant but not married. I want to have the baby and raise him or her as a single mother. I do not like the father of the baby and against my requests, he will not leave me alone, insists on seeing the baby and being involved in our lives. I do not want child support. Can you help?

The state of Florida believes that every child has the right to enjoy the benefits of two parents - also that neither parent can "waive" child support, which is the right of the child, not of the parent. The father has rights and will be entitled to have time sharing with his child (unless, of course, he is somehow a danger to the child or it is somehow not in the child's best interest). He will also be required to pay child support, even if it is put in a trust for your child's future.